Apple announced iOS 17 at its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) on June 6, 2023. The new operating system brings a number of new features and improvements to the iPhone, including:
- A new lock screen: The lock screen has been completely redesigned with new widgets, wallpapers, and a notification system.
- Live Activities: Live Activities are new widgets that show real-time information, such as the score of a game or the progress of a delivery.
- Focus mode: Focus mode is a new feature that allows you to focus on one task at a time by filtering out distractions.
- Improved Messages: Messages has been updated with new features, such as the ability to edit messages, send disappearing messages, and create custom Memojis.
- New Maps features: Maps has been updated with new features, such as the ability to see indoor maps of select buildings, get directions for shared rides, and view transit information in more cities.
- More privacy features: iOS 17 includes a number of new privacy features, such as the ability to hide your email address from websites and apps, and the ability to control how much data is shared with apps.
How to Get iOS 17
iOS 17 is available as a free update for all eligible iPhones. To download the update, go to Settings > General > Software Update.
Should You Upgrade to iOS 17?
If you have an eligible iPhone, I recommend upgrading to iOS 17. The new operating system brings a number of new features and improvements that can make your iPhone more useful and enjoyable to use.
What to Expect from iOS 17 in the Future
Apple is constantly working on new features and improvements for iOS. In the future, we can expect to see even more new features and improvements in iOS 17, such as:
- Improved performance and battery life.
- New security features.
- New accessibility features.
- New features for businesses and developers
Which iPhone Models Are Supported?
iOS 17 is supported on the following iPhone models:
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max