iPad widgets are small apps that continually run and are usually found on the Today View screen, such as the date, time, weather, and top stories. These widgets are extremely useful as they show a snapshot and provide information straight away and can even be viewed when the iPad is on Lock Screen.
Last year Apple allowed for new widgets to be added on the Today View screen which could then be slid over to the home screen. Now, with the release of iPadOS 15 you can use widgets on any page of your Home Screen.
How to add widgets on an iPad
This is a nice easy method on iPadOS 15 and takes only moments:
- Touch and hold an empty area on your home screen until apps start to wobble
- Press the + icon that has appeared in the top left corner
- Widget gallery will then appear
- Search and select the widget you want to add.
- Swipe left and right to choose the size of the widget
- Tap Add Widget
- Once added press ‘Done’ in the top right corner.
- Widget successfully added onto your home screen
How to move widgets on an iPad
To move widgets on your iPad once you’ve added them, press and hold it until it starts to wobble. Then simply drag it to a new location and then let go. You can move widgets or Apps this way as many times as you like.