You may be familiar with the keyboard being at the bottom of your refurbished iPad, as seen in the below image. However, it is possible with iPadOS to move the keyboard and use the Apple features, floating keyboard and split keyboard.
How to use Floating keyboard on a refurbished iPad
This brilliant Apple feature will allow you to make your iPad keyboard smaller and moveable anywhere on your screen.
To do this:
- Open up an app that uses a keyboard such as notes or messages.
- Pinch together the keyboard using 2 fingers to make it smaller.
- A small grey line at the bottom of the keyboard will then appear. Simply tap and hold this to move the keyboard around the screen.
How to remove Floating keyboard on a refurbished iPad
Removing the floating keyboard on your refurbished iPad is simple and straight forward. Just use two fingers on the keyboard and spread apart. The keyboard will then revert to the full size of the screen.
How to split keyboard on a refurbished iPad
There are a couple of ways to split the keyboard in half on an iPad. However, this feature is only available on iPads that contain a home button.
- The first and easiest way is to use two fingers to pull apart the keyboard, in an outward direction, (a pinch in reverse) This will then break the keyboard apart.
- The second method is to use the icons to enable this feature. When the keyboard is open, press and hold the keyboard icon in the bottom right corner. A pop up will then appear, select ‘Split’ and the keyboard will form two sections.
How to put your split keyboard back to normal on a refurbished iPad
To remove the split keyboard feature on your refurbished iPad, it is essentially just the reverse as enabling it.
- Use two fingers to pinch together the 2 keyboard sections. This will then join them back together.
- Tap and hold the keyboard icon in the bottom right corner of the keyboard, and press ‘Dock and Merge’.
- Pressing the ‘Merge’ button will combine the keyboard back together but keep it smaller in the centre of the screen.