How to write on an iPad with a finger?
We often get asked if it’s possible to write on a refurbished iPad with a finger, and the answer is yes, there is a feature called handwriting mode that allows this. There is also the ability to draw or write using the notes app.
What is Handwriting mode?
Handwriting mode allows you to enter text by writing characters onto your refurbished iPad screen with your finger. This cool feature will also let you enter your iPad passcode silently or to open apps from the home screen.
How to use Handwriting mode on your iPad
- The first thing to do it to set the rotor to Handwriting. This is easy and can be done within settings, accessibility, VoiceOver, Rotor.
- Next choose a character type and swipe up or down with three fingers.
- Once selected, trace the character on the screen with your finger.
- In order to exit handwriting mode, simply move two fingers back and forth three times in a z pattern quickly.
Can I draw or write in notes on an iPad with a finger?
Yes, by using the notes app, this will allow you to draw or write using your finger, allowing for various markup tools to be used.
Drawing or writing in notes couldn’t be easier. Simply open notes, click the image of a pencil, and away you go. You can even change the size, colour, or tools used.
You can also open images from other apps in a note to combine them with drawn or written content. This will also then allow you to reposition and resize the image should you need to.
What is an Apple Pencil?
An Apple Pencil will allow you to write and draw on your iPad with precision and ease and functions exactly like a normal pencil.
Not all refurbished iPads will allow an Apple pencil to be used, so always check the compatibility before purchasing.
Apple Pencil 2nd Generation:
- iPad Mini 6th Generation
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch 3rd 4th & 5th Generation
- iPad Pro 11-inch 1st 2nd & 3rd Generation
- iPad Air 4th & 5th Generation
Apple Pencil 1st Generation:
- iPad 6th 7th 8th and 9th Generation
- iPad Mini 5th Generation
- iPad Air 3rd Generation
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch 1st & 2nd Generation
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch