Yes, you can replace an iPhone battery. You can either have it done by Apple or by a third-party repair shop.
Apple offers battery replacement services at its retail stores and authorised service providers. The cost of a battery replacement varies depending on the iPhone model. For example, a battery replacement for an iPhone 12 costs £89.
To schedule a battery replacement appointment with Apple, you can visit the Apple website
Third-Party Repair Shops
There are many third-party repair shops that offer battery replacement services. The cost of a battery replacement at a third-party repair shop is typically lower than the cost of a battery replacement at Apple. However, it is important to note that not all third-party repair shops are created equal. Some shops may use low-quality batteries or may not be properly trained to replace iPhone batteries.
If you are considering having your iPhone battery replaced by a third-party repair shop, it is important to do your research and choose a reputable shop.
How Do I Know If My iPhone Battery Needs to Be Replaced?
There are a few signs that your iPhone battery may need to be replaced. These signs include:
- Your iPhone dies quickly, even when it is not being used.
- Your iPhone takes a long time to charge.
- Your iPhone's battery health is below 80%.
If you are experiencing any of these signs, it is a good idea to have your iPhone battery replaced.
How Can I Prolong the Life of My iPhone Battery?
There are a few things you can do to prolong the life of your iPhone battery. These tips include:
- Avoid letting your battery run down too low. When your iPhone battery reaches 20%, plug it in to charge.
- Avoid letting your battery heat up too much. Don't leave your iPhone in direct sunlight or in a hot car.
- Turn off features you don't use. Features like Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and GPS can drain your battery.
- Update your iPhone software. Apple often releases software updates that improve battery performance.
By following these tips, you can help to extend the life of your iPhone battery.